MAKING PIXELS DANCE...FROM DRAWINGS TO PORTRAITS



Thursday, April 15, 2010

FANTASTIC FOUR

Ahhh.... the Fantastic Four.
A drawing by Bill Kraiter caught my eye, and here is a play-by-play on the coloring of his Fantastic Four!!
The original drawing from Bill:


I started on The Thing first:

And then Mr. Fantastic started taking shape:

And then the one I like to call "Fire Dude" (he is the Human Torch) was intimidating me, so I just dove in with the red:


I knew I wanted a purple background, but working at midnight, the color wasn't coming out right and I was getting frustrated. I knew it was too light.

Ahh.... there's the shade of purple I was looking for. :-)


I didn't really know what these guys looked like, actually. I looked them up on a website once as sort of a reference. Fire is fire, rocks are rocks, and then I knew Mr. Fantastic wore a blue outfit.

Beginning to add the background:

All done!!! This coloring project took about two days, minus all my mommy-duty time.
I added Sue in the background in my own style, since she was left out (because she's invisible... LOL). It was also pointed out that The Thing only has four fingers on each hand, not five.
Hahaha
Oh well. Still cool.

***RAGGEDY GAH!***

No comments:

Post a Comment