MAKING PIXELS DANCE...FROM DRAWINGS TO PORTRAITS



Thursday, April 15, 2010

SHADOW CHASER

How this all began --
I became friends on Facebook with a few guys who are writers and also into comic books. Danny Kelly posted the illustration below, asking everyone how to clean up the circle that appeared when he uploaded it to the computer. He had drawn it for our mutual friend Randy Belaire, the author of "The Resurgence: Chronicles of the Shadow Chaser."
I asked him to send it to me and I'd clean it up for him.

The original with the weird circle:

So, I cleaned it up. (Took maybe five mintues.)

Then I produced another image of a close-up of the Shadow Chaser:

And then I really started playing with the image:

I thought it needed some text:

Then I wondered what a LOT of text would look like:
(pretty cool!)
Then Danny sent me a link to the original Batman cover he used as the inspiration for this drawing, and so I tweaked it even more:

I got a lot of positive comments on these pieces, and that encouraged me to try my hand at another drawing, King Dog, which led to the Fantastic Four!
***RAGGEDY GAH!***

No comments:

Post a Comment