MAKING PIXELS DANCE...FROM DRAWINGS TO PORTRAITS



Friday, April 2, 2010

THE FIRST POST

How it all got started -- Manu Intiraymi, of course.

Well, that's not totally true, but he's a nice visual jumping-off spot, and so we'll start with him. Manu starred in Star Trek: Voyager during the last two seasons as Icheb, one of the Borg kids who was taken in by the crew of Voyager. One day I logged on to Facebook and there was a friend request from him. I saw his name, freaked out, at first thought it was a joke (as in, someone NOT REAL and just using his name), but was him. I accepted and decided to wonder where he found me later. He's never told me why he sent me a friend request, but I am pretty sure it has to do with him trolling the friends lists of Garrett Wang/Robert Picardo/Tim Russ since I was friends with them, too, but who the hell really cares... it's MANU!! The MONS!!!
.
I went through his photos and found some cool shots of him and then felt that tug to get the pics in Photoshop and that's when He took notice. Nice! Being recognized for your late-night pixel mixing is always good.

First -- the Gold King. Manu is planning to take over the world, and this was a shot from one of his recent movies... but I felt he was regal enough, so I doctored it:

Then he had a really cool shot I knew would make a cool Floating Head montage...


And then I did this one for his Icheb page on Facebook... and that's when he emailed me and asked for an 8x10:

Then I did another and added space... real space officially ripped from NASA:

And this is just playing:

The resolution of photos I find on the internet are SO HORRIBLE, I have to smooth it out, beef it up and generally make a photo out of thin air. But the creative juices are flowing, and that's the most important thing! RAGGEDY GAH!!
.
It's not hard to make pretty pictures when your subject looks like Manu anyway:

No comments:

Post a Comment